If you are moving to a new apartment soon, you likely have your eyes peeled for the perfect pad right now. The hunt for your new apartment is an exciting one, and you might have your sights set on a top floor apartment –and it’s not hard to see why! However; there are pros AND cons to living in a top floor apartment, and your Oklahoma City mover wants to make sure you weigh your options properly so that you make the best decision possible on your new apartment.
- Judging by your strong consideration of a top-floor abode, you have probably already made a mental note of all the up sides there are to living upstairs. Pros such as these may have come to mind:
- No noisy neighbors above
- Vaulted ceilings
- Minimal risk of burglary
- Daily exercise from stair climbing
- Lower rent
- You should also consider the cons to top-floor apartment living and possibly avoid a less-than-pleasant leasing experience! Cons such as those listed below should not be over-looked:
- High energy costs due to poor insulation
- vaulted ceilings are less energy efficient
- higher move-in difficulty/costs
Depending on the apartment complex you choose, the pros of top floor apartment living may outweigh the cons. The idea of a top floor apartment is great in theory, but your Oklahoma City mover doesn’t think that a drastic increase on your energy bill is worth the luxury, and we think you’ll agree!